This website is called ‘Anna’s Compass’ and is solely managed by me, Anna Gana. Having said so, all content is original (unless stated otherwise). All my recommendations are genuine and are about product I either used or products I would purchase myself.
The type of information collected:
I collect information from you when you register on my site, subscribe to my email list by clicking ‘Follow’ or comment on the site. When registering on my site, as needed, you may be asked to enter personal information such as : name, email address or website URL. However, you may visit my website anonymously.
How the information will be used:
Any of the information I collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- optimise user experience (the information you provide helps me understand how to create content that you will be interested in)
- To improve my website (using tips/suggestions from you)
- To be notified whenever a new blog post is uploaded on the website (in case you signed up for it)
Occasionally, I may include or offer third-party products or services on my website by using affiliate links (which will be disclosed at the beginning of each blog post containing them). I may have a financial relationship with some of the merchants/ brands I recommend. For that reason, some of my blog posts and content on my website may contain affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase through the given link, at no extra cost to you, I may earn a commision. I only affiliate with brands/services that I believe in and I would never recommend a product that I would not purchase myself/or have tested and used prior to the recommendation.
It remains solely your personal responsibility to conduct your own research to determine whether to purchase an affiliate product or service.
You will not rely on any recommendation, reference, or information provided by me and I cannot be held liable or responsible for any damages resulting from your purchase.
I am partnered with ShopStyle – an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to ShopStyle.com and affiliated sites.
Occasionally, I may receive products from brands in exchange for me advertising them on my blog. However, I want to assure you that a blogger can choose what brand partnerships to accept/deny. For this reason, I will never accept a deal in which I do not personally believe in.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR:
Users based in the European Union have the right to do the following:
• Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their personal data.
• Object to processing of their data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Access their data. Users have the right to learn if data is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
• Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their data. In this case, we will not process their data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their data from us.
• Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any undue delay.
• Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection supervisory authority.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by me as soon as possible and always within thirty (30) days.
I use Google analytics to record information about the pages a user has seen, for example the URL of the page, time of day, device used, etc. The information that we collect anonymized and sent to Google Analytics for analysis.
Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on visitor interactions on this website. Users may disable cookies or delete any individual cookie. (learn more)
In addition, Google Analytics supports an optional browser add-on that – once installed and enabled – disables measurement by Google Analytics for any site a user visits. Note that this add-on only disables Google Analytics measurement.
Google Analytics also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to provide and protect the security of the service, and to give website owners a sense of which country, state, or city in the world their users come from (also known as “IP geolocation”).